For 60 years, Portakabin has been a market leader in the design, manufacture and installation of modular buildings, and a pioneer of environmentally sustainable off-site construction.
Due to our ambitious growth plans we have a fantastic opportunity to join the team at our international head office in York as an IT Supplier Manager in a new role with excellent development opportunities.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work and dedication through a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. We have a brilliant and inclusive work environment which offers a flexible approach to hybrid working aligned to the challenges of modern life.
- Salary: £35,000 - 40,000 per annum plus 5% -10% bonus OTE
- Role based: York, YO32 hybrid working
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Working flexibly principles which offers a fantastic work/life balance
- Contributory pension
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
- We offer Company Sponsored Development relevant to role
- The Supplier Manager will help to develop a robust, sustainable and appropriate supplier pool that is providing value to the business, from sourcing & selection to regular ongoing review.
- Assist with building a strategic relationship between IT and its suppliers.
- Help define, manage, and assist with the supply chain governance processes & procedures, through the Operations Manager.
- Contribute to delivering a robust governance structure, aligned to the contractual commitments with the business and IT suppliers, and encouraging appropriate innovation and development.
- Liaise between suppliers and internal teams to ensure requirements are delivered appropriately
- Input and assist with overall financial tracking, payment processing and service credit procedures for IT suppliers in conjunction with the finance policies and invoke corrective actions if necessary.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- Contract and relationship management skills and experience
- An adaptable, creative and resilient approach with a positive attitude
- Understanding of services sourcing and evaluation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working within an IT environment
- Valid passport for European travel
Even if you do not match all our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.
Read the role profile here: IT Supplier Manager