Are you hands on, commercial and results driven? Do you have a passion for problem solving and excellent customer service? Did you answer ‘yes’ to the above questions? Great! We have a fantastic opportunity for a Planning and Building Control Manager to join our team!
Your role will require you to work alongside commercial, projects and service teams within the designated region. You will promote an environment of effective teamwork and communication, managing the Planning and Building Control Business in that area.
- Salary: £30,000 - £36,000
- Role based: Midlands
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
* Ensure that sound internal customer relationships are developed in the designated area through effective communication to provide excellent levels of customer service resulting in repeat, continued or new opportunities and orders.
* Responsible for critically assessing schemes of varying size and complexity against building regulations to produce compliant applications.
* Manage any Planning and Building Control Applications from conception to completion.
* Profitable control of Planning and Building Control Application pricing structure.
* Ensure all Applications are undertaken from start to finish in a professional manner, ensuring all lead times are met, all aspects of the applications completed to a high standard and in compliance with all legislation, codes of practice and industry guidelines.
* Ensure effective use of internal systems (e.g. SAP, CRM) to ensure customer information is kept up to date and systems are aligned.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Working flexibly principles
* Contributory pension
* Company Car
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services including Mental Health First Aiders and discounted gym memberships
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Cycle to Work Scheme
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* Full UK driving licence.
* Demonstratable technical knowledge of Building Regs and other relevant construction standards.
* Delivering efficiency improvement and optimisation.
* Demonstrate ability to work independently and drive in new initiatives.
* Structure information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience.
* Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating.
* Level 5 CIOB Diploma (LABC), would be desirable but not essential.
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.