About the opportunity
Join the Portakabin culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer to join our Design and Engineering team to be the point of contact for clients regarding all technical aspects of the job within our Sales department based at our Head Office in York.
Reporting to the Senior Project Engineer, you will work closely with multi-disciplined teams and to provide and lead all project engineering designs and technical advice for new and existing modular
- Provide a technical design and specification service, being the key interface between the design
- and project delivery teams, collaborating with all relevant parties to ensure that designs are
- coordinated are completed in order to meet programme.
- Liaise with other professionals about the feasibility of potential projects and designs with respect
- to technical requirements and non-standard modular detailing.
- Provide design briefs, specifications and scopes of work in written and drawn formats to enable
- the procurement of design and build sub-contract packages.
- Review contract documents and prepare specialist Scopes of Work documents including design
- principles, making sub-contract appointment recommendations and reviewing and coordination of
- sub-contract designs throughout the construction process.
- Ensure customer requirements/specifications are correctly interpreted and processed within
- allowed costs, agreed timescales and in compliance with all relevant statutory legislation and
- codes of practice.
- Adapt designs according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during
- design, development and construction.
- Inspect and review built engineering solutions for compliance with design intent and robust
- installation throughout off-site manufacture and on-site construction including surveys of
- Attend construction site meetings to provide project engineering support.
- Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
- Company Car
- Role based: York
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Working flexibly principles
- Contributory pension
- Annual performance-related bonus (non-contractual)
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
- Fully funded professional qualifications and membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Our Ideal Candidate
- Civil/Structural Engineering or Building Design related degree or
- Establishes good relationships with colleagues
- Full UK driving licence essential
- Develops job knowledge and expertise through continuous
- professional development
- Presenting and communicating
- Chartered membership to Structural Engineering or Civil
- CSCS Card to appropriate skill level
- Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
If you’d like to discuss the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Portakabin exists to bring the wonder of modular building to the world.
Creating precision-engineered buildings, we believe that our people are the key to exploring greater possibilities across our industry, thinking beyond products, to solutions and beyond customers, to the people and societies they serve.
With more than 60 years of expertise, decades of growth and a business that has more than doubled since 2012, Portakabin profitability is strong in both the UK and Europe and our future ambition is to continue this compelling track record of growth.
We put our people at the heart of everything we do, and you will have the job security and development opportunities that are rare in the current climate, so why not join us, and be a part of our continuing growth and success? With exciting future ambitions we couldn’t think of a better time for you to join us!
We’re keen to get someone started in this role as soon as possible. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply without delay as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.
View the role profile here.