We’re currently recruiting for a Sales Administrator to support the business development activity to include local and national campaigns.
Reporting to the Area Sales Manager you will generate hire opportunities and win new business by obtaining commercial visits and carrying out structured Business Development calls to prospective customers.
You will be responsible in coordinating business development conversations via telephone with the aim of developing sales (hire) opportunities and hire requirements with customers via telephone. You will also prepare and issue quotations accordingly, and follow up these quotations with a view to winning orders.
Are you looking for a role to begin your career in sales or commercial? Or do you have experience in these areas and seeking a new challenge to grow in a successful business? Then we would be delighted to hear from you.
What’s in it for me
- Salary: £24,000 - £28,890 p.a. (inclusive of London Weighting) plus commission
- Possibility to earn an average commission of £5,000 p.a. (gross amount) dependent on performance
- Role based: Central London, NW1 2DX
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days + bank holidays
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Participating in structured and focused outbound business development campaigns.
- Prepare quotations and drawings against customer requirements.
- Following up of live quotations in order to advance through to order.
- Complete customer care programme to ensure maximum satisfaction, continuity of business and maximise referral opportunities.
Benefits & Opportunities
- Ability to buy up to 5 days more annual leave
- Working flexibly principles
- Company laptop and Mobile Phone
- Contributory pension and Life Assurance Scheme
- Reward packages including commission scheme and length of service awards
- Health & wellbeing services including Mental Health First Aiders, free health helpline to support services and discounted gym memberships
- Personal development opportunities such as commercial excellence training
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- Good level of numeracy and literacy.
- Competency in sales office administration including preparing quotations and drawings, maintaining and updating databases and producing reports accordingly.
- You must also be computer literate, have good attention to detail and an excellent telephone manner.
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
Early application is recommended as we are regularly reviewing and contacting suitable candidates.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply by the deadline of Wednesday 7 September 2022.