For 60 years, Portakabin has been a market leader in the design, manufacture and installation of modular buildings, and a pioneer of environmentally sustainable off-site construction.
Due to our ambitious growth plans we have a fantastic opportunity to join the team at our international head office in York as an Application Support Analyst in a new role with excellent development opportunities.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work and dedication through a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. We have a brilliant and inclusive work environment which offers a flexible approach to hybrid working aligned to the challenges of modern life.
- Salary: £28,000 - 32,000 per annum plus 5% -10% bonus OTE
- Role based: York, YO32 hybrid working
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Working flexibly principles which offers a fantastic work/life balance
- Contributory pension
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
- We offer Company Sponsored Development relevant to role
The Application Support Analyst will help develop and maintain internal relationships across the UK and European business in order to drive service excellence and promote inter-departmental cooperation.
Following agreed methodology and best practices, the role holder will work with system owners to learn and develop skills to:
- Resolve business application incidents and service requests
- Evaluate, test and assist the development of new processes in applications, ensuring they meet business requirements
- Produce and maintain quality system documentation for applications, ensuring that documentation is up to date, clear and available
- Identify potential solutions to application issues and prepare proposals for implementation
Our Ideal Candidate
- An adaptable, creative and resilient approach with a positive attitude
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Some experience within a 1st or 2nd Line technical support and/or IT application support role
- Good awareness of Microsoft business applications in particular MS Dynamics CRM and O365
- Valid passport for European travel
Even if you do not match all our ‘ideal’ criteria, we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.
View the role profile here: Application Support Analyst