About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team in our Leeds Hire and Service Centre as an Electrical Apprentice.
You will become a key part of the team from day one, learning the vital skills of how to install, maintain, and repair electrical systems.
During the 48 month programme you will gain valuable experience, working alongside your colleagues and getting hands on experience by learning on the job to develop your skills. You'll quickly learn what we do and build strong working relationships.
Your apprentice programme will be delivered through a blended learning approach supported by our learning provider, Leeds College of Building. You will be fully supported to study towards the Level 3 Installation Electrician apprenticeship and gain your AM2 Qualification.
You will report to the Service Manager and have various channels of support including your line manager, Chargehand supervisor, colleagues, and a mentor. You will also network with other apprentices across the business.
Your working pattern will be 39 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 07:45 to 16:30, and finishing early on Friday at 15:30 (inclusive of lunch breaks).
If you are looking to kick start your career in the Electrical trade, then we would be delighted to hear from you!
- Starting salary: £11,621 p.a / £5.73 per hour
- Role based: Leeds, LS12 6LZ
- Contract type: Apprenticeship
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Understanding and applying the electrical principles associated with the design, building, installation and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems.
- Ensure compliance relevant Health and Safety practices and all applicable legislation to encourage and maintain zero harm environment and culture.
- Ensure that buildings are tested to the required standards where necessary whilst under supervision.
- To support on supplementary process based tasks where required, that may not be directly electrical related.
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Working flexibly principles
- Contributory pension
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
2 GCSE’s or equivalent, Grades 9 - 4 (A*- C), including Maths and English
We have lots of fantastic success stories from previous apprentices who have gone on to achieve industry recognised qualifications through their apprenticeships and many of our past apprentices are still working within the business today or have gone onto have successful careers elsewhere. Our workplace culture will allow you to pick up not only the knowledge and skills to be used in your future career but also experience working in a professional but relaxed environment that will give you the confidence to excel in your role and develop as a professional.
We truly believe that we put our people at the heart of everything we do, and you will have the job security and development opportunities that are rare in the current climate, so why not join us, and be a part of our continuing growth and success? With exciting future ambitions, we couldn’t think of a better time for you to join us!
If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply by no later than Friday, 14 April 2023. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend interviews in April and May 2023.