Are you hands on, commercially driven and have a passion for business development? Do you thrive on generating orders and providing excellent customer service?
Did you answer yes to the above questions? Great! We have a fantastic opportunity to join us at Portakabin. We are looking for an Area Hire Manager to join our team based in Northampton.
As an Area Hire Manager, you will develop and promote the Company’s hire business, to include our full range of products and services, ensuring the Division’s Customer Charter is followed. The role is target driven and the key focus is on order winning activity.
- Salary: £33,000 - £36,000 plus commission
- Role based: Northampton, NN5 7QA
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
* Accountable for the delivery set targets for the year for a particular catchment area including contract value, order numbers, visits, as well as other commercial KPI’s.
* Carry out structured business development, local and national campaigns, including “cold calling” within the area designated, in order to achieve order targets.
* Generate orders by attending Customer sites.
* Ensure that sound customer relationships are developed for own catchment area through effective communication to provide excellent levels of customer service resulting in repeat, continued or new opportunities and orders.
- Prepare quotations and drawings against customer requirements.
- Effectively use internal systems (e.g. SAP, CRM) to ensure customer information is kept up to date and systems are aligned.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Working flexibly principles
* Contributory pension
* Reward packages such as commission and length of service awards
* Company car, mobile phone, and laptop
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services including Mental Health First Aiders and discounted gym memberships
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Cycle to Work Scheme
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* Proven commercial experience, including face to face sales experience and business development.
* Strong experience of carrying out business development activities (campaign calling and cold calling).
* Full UK driving licence.
* GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4 or above.
* Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends.
* Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.