We’re looking for a customer-focused Area Sales Manager to join the team based at our London East office in Purfleet.
As an Area Sales Manager, you will be tenacious and target-driven to deliver results. You will promote the company’s hire business to prospective customers through structured business development activities while maintaining relationships with existing customers to ensure your order targets succeed.
We are not necessarily looking for someone with a proven track record in business-to-business sales! We love developing our people here at Portakabin, so if you are ambitious, have a drive to learn and the ability to demonstrate great interpersonal skills then we want to hear from you!
You will support the Hire Co-Ordinator to drive new business within the London East catchment area. This includes updating internal systems (such as; SAP and CRM) to ensure customer information remains up to date and activities are logged.
What’s in it for me
- Role based: Purfleet, RM19 1RR
- Salary: £37,800-£42,000 p.a. plus commission
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days + bank holidays
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Accountable for the delivery set targets for the year for a particular catchment area including contract value, order numbers, and visits as well as other commercial KPI’s.
- Carry out structured business development, local and national campaigns, including business development calls within the area designated, in order to achieve order targets.
- Prepare quotations and drawings against customer requirements.
- Complete customer care programme to ensure maximum satisfaction, continuity of business and maximise referral opportunities.
Benefits & Opportunities
- Training and development training such as Commercial Excellence.
- You will be provided with a company car, laptop and mobile phone. We are also happy to talk flexible working
- A generous annual leave entitlement of 25 days plus public bank holidays, and the business is closed annually during the Christmas period. We can also buy up to 5 days more annual leave annually
- Reward packages including annual bonus and length of service awards
- With family friendly policies, access to contributory pension, life assurance scheme and our employee benefits platform with a range of discounts and cashbacks at your favourite retailers, health clubs and gym memberships
- All colleagues have an opportunity to give back to local communities with an annual Volunteering Day off
- A wide range of health & wellbeing services including Mental Health First Aiders to support you to be at your best inside and outside work.
- There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- Confidence and a great personality.
- Experience in developing and carrying out structured business development plans across a range of business sectors through a consultative sales approach.
- B2B sales experience in a customer facing role including presentation and negotiation skills.
- Technical sales experience in a construction related industry is desirable although not essential.
- Full U.K driving licence.
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.