We are currently recruiting for the role of Area Sales Manager for South Wales. As an Area Sales Manager you will maximise the area sales turnover of Portakabin products, working with existing and new customers through a combination of reactive and pro-active approaches across the South Wales/South West region.
You’ll be responsible for achieving Area Sales targets for all Portakabin products and services and will work closely with our Business Managers, Sales Support, Bid and Project Delivery teams.
Please note this role is based remotely however the successful candidate must live in or around South Wales.
- Salary: £36,000 - £38,000 per annum + Commission
- Role based: Remote (South Wales/South West Region)
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
- Achieve set targets for sales within area.
- Work within a set of agree KPI’s for example visit and order numbers.
- Plan sales coverage of the area to ensure that all customers are contacted at the required frequency.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities and sectors.
- Assume account management responsibilities with nominated clients to ensure key relationships are developed and maintained.
- Work closely with the Marketing Team to actively exploit the sector and client research information provided.
- Ensure information is kept up to date on CRM system.
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy up to 5 days of additional annual leave
- Working flexibly principles
- Contributory pension
- Company Car
- Single Private Medical Insurance
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
- Fully funded professional qualifications and membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Benefits Program (Discounts at 100s of shops, gyms, restaurants and even holidays!)
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- Substantial face to face technical sales experience (business to business)
- Experience in developing and maintaining successful client relationships
- Successful delivery against sales targets and KPIs
- Substantial experience using MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- A full UK Driving licence
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.