About the opportunity
Join the Portakabin culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Construction Planner to join our Project Delivery team to proactively prepare and implement building projects within our Sales department based at our Head Office in York.
As an Assistant Construction Planner, you will be reporting to the Construction Planner and will work closely with assisting the multi-disciplined teams in managing the programmes. As your role within the business progresses, you will experience the full project lifecycle from working on tender management, pre-construction and delivering projects through to completion. This will in terms give you the experience and exposure to the contractual and commercial elements that you will encouter during the full project delivery.
- Contribute to the overall planning process to all levels of the business
- Control, Monitor & Analyse project programmes with the project teams
- Attend project sites to offer support for the delivery teams
- Assist project teams with supply chain programme management
- Creating mark ups and phasing plans for project delivery
- Housekeeping and administration of programmes
- Understand importance of the planning function and helping others around the business
- Salary: up to £35,000 (dependant on experience)
- Company Car
- Role based: York
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Working flexibly principles
- Contributory pension
- Annual performance-related bonus (non-contractual)
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
- Fully funded professional qualifications and membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Our Ideal Candidate
- 5 GCSE’s grade A-C or above or equivalent
- Full UK driving licence essential
- Understanding of traditional construction methods
- Experience of working within construction
- Basic understanding of off-site or traditional construction methods
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (preferably construction related)
- Understanding of project lifecycle and management
- Knowledge of construction programming techniques
- Measurement and reporting of project progress
- Understanding of commercial contracts (JCT, NEC 3/4)
- Competent in the use of programming software (ASTA Powerproject)
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
If you’d like to discuss the role please contact email@example.com
Portakabin exists to bring the wonder of modular building to the world.
Creating precision-engineered buildings, we believe that our people are the key to exploring greater possibilities across our industry, thinking beyond products, to solutions and beyond customers, to the people and societies they serve.
With more than 60 years of expertise, decades of growth and a business that has more than doubled since 2012, Portakabin profitability is strong in both the UK and Europe and our future ambition is to continue this compelling track record of growth.
We put our people at the heart of everything we do, and you will have the job security and development opportunities that are rare in the current climate, so why not join us, and be a part of our continuing growth and success? With exciting future ambitions we couldn’t think of a better time for you to join us!
We’re keen to get someone started in this role as soon as possible. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply without delay as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.