We have a fantastic opportunity to join the team at our international head office in York as a BI Analyst.
The BI Analyst will work collaboratively with other team members and key stakeholders within the business to deploy BI solutions across the UK and Europe in order to deliver business value and improve reporting.
Following agreed project methodology, utilising best practices and with the support of the Lead Architect, the role holder will assist in the delivery of the BI strategy and BI adoption to aid the business in achieving its strategic objectives.
- Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
- Role based: York YO32
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 plus bank holidays
- Develop BI solutions from concept, design, build, test and release as part of a multiskilled project team ensuring compliance with development standards and security policies and procedures.
- Work with key Business stakeholders and application owners to understand BI requirements.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert in area of expertise as part of a project team
- Work with external suppliers and quality assure the solutions they develop.
- Analyse, critique, review and continually improve existing BI solutions following best practice.
- Produce appropriate documentation for current and new BI solutions, ensuring that documentation is up to date and clear.
- Manage and resolve service requests and system incidents so that the Business can continue to conduct its Business processes effectively.
- Present and report progress to project manager and key stakeholders in the Business.
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Flexible working options available
- Contributory pension
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- Degree level qualification, BI qualification, or relevant experience
- The ability to understand complex data architectures
- Competent in BI tools, ideally Microsoft Power BI
- Competent in data modelling concepts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly skilled analytical thinker and problem solver
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.
Read the Role Profile Here: BI Analyst