We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join us at Portakabin (Site Accommodation) Ltd. The role is a key position for driving the commercial performance for the South West & Wales region.
As Business Development Manager you will focus on business development activity to grow our presence within the region as well as activities ranging from developing new business to maintaining existing relationships and growing accounts. We are looking for someone with a pro-active approach to business development who can utilise a range of tools and media content to understand current and future needs for winning business in the competitive construction accommodation sector.
- Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
- Role based: Bristol
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
* Achieve hire order targets as well as other commercial KPI’s, as agreed with the Management Team, Portakabin (Site Accommodation) Ltd.
* Carry out structured local business development activity, to help develop and grow accounts in the construction sector, utilising the existing databases, as well as developing new relationships.
* Prepare and issue quotations and drawings, and promptly follow up all quotations and negotiate to achieve orders.
* Foster and develop sound internal and external customer relationships through effective communication and provide excellent levels of service.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Working flexibly principles
* Contributory pension
* Company car
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
* Fully funded professional qualifications and membership
* Employee Benefits Program (Discounts at 100s of shops, gyms, restaurants and even holidays!)
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* Full UK Driving License
* Business to Business Sales Experience (face to face)
* Experience of carrying out a business development campaign/cold calling
* Technical sales experience
* Ideally experience within the construction accommodation hire sector (not essential)
Even if you do not match all our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
We are conducting interviews during, or before, the week commencing Monday 25th September 2023
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.