We have an exciting opportunity for a Carpenter to join our team in Donabate to assist with refurbishment and fitting out the complete range of Portakabin buildings to the highest possible standards.
- Salary: €49,000
- Role based: Donabate
- Contract type: Permanent, Full Time
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
- Interpret designs and carry out joinery tasks ensuring all buildings are fitted out correctly as per the drawings/specifications.
- Conduct fault finding and rectifications of existing joinery installations and buildings, internally and externally, both on and off site.
- Assist where required in the general fitting out and refurbishment of Portakabin buildings both on and off site.
- Ensure compliance with all legislation, codes of practice, industry guidelines and/or Company Procedures/Policies relating to Health and Safety, inclusive of COSHH, whilst also ensuring that any direct working areas and the hire centre is maintained to a safe and orderly standard.
- Develop sound customer relationships through effective communication to provide excellent levels of customer service.
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Contributory Pension
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- The ability to establish good relationships with customers and staff, building effective networks
- Specialist and detailed technical knowledge
- Evidence of producing workable solutions to a range of problems
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Strong operational experience related to the trade/role
- Education to Leaving Cert standard or equivalent
- FETAC Level 6 Advanced Certificate: Craft Carpenter
- Demonstrable experience within construction/related industry
- Demonstrable experience in partitioning system
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.