We have a fantastic opportunity for a Chargehand to join our Interiors team in Merseyside, where you will supervise, motivate, and organise your team to achieve the delivery of a quality product, whilst ensuring that divisional standards are met.
Reporting to the Service Manager, your role will require you to lead and deliver daily briefings, assist with the refurbishment of Interior’s products, ensure that work environments are maintained to a safe and orderly standard and maintain the organisation of the stores for accurate monthly warehouse stock takes.
- Hourly Rate: £14.24 p/h plus £1.07 Chargehand Rate = £15.31 p/h
- Opportunity to earn additional hourly rate between £0.25 p/h to £4.21 p/h, based on skill set and behaviours.
- Role based: Merseyside, L34 9AB
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 24 annual leave plus bank holidays
* Ensure the operations team comply with all legislation, codes of practice, industry guidelines and/or Company procedures/policies relating to Health and Safety.
* Maintain an accurate method of tracking the work program and complete accurate paperwork.
* Ensure that the refurbishment of the Interiors product is to the required standards and costs are within established parameters and budgets.
* Ensure tool allocation and control is managed correctly.
* Assist where required in the delivery and installation of collection of Interiors product on customers sites.
* Complete monthly warehouse stock takes meeting set KPI’s.
* Control the receipt/dispatch and accounting of all product adhering to full compliance to the Company operating procedures in relation to ordering product, issuing product, booking in and out of product and overall stock accuracy.
* To lead and deliver daily briefings to the team of operatives plus attend operational meetings.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave.
* Annual Christmas closure of the business
* Contributory Pension including Life Assurance Scheme.
* Included in Merit Rate Scheme which increased basic pay.
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services, including Mental Health First Aiders, free health helpline to support services and discounted gym memberships.
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off.
* Cycle to Work Scheme
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* Establishes good relationships with customers and staff, building effective networks.
* Full UK driving licence.
* Solid understanding of various software packages, including MS Excel and PowerPoint.
* GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4 or above (or equivalent grade).
* Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks.
* Follows procedures and policies.
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.