We have a fantastic opportunity for a Chargehand to join our Site Accommodation team in Glasgow!
Your role will be to undertake the refurbishment, fit out and installation of Site Accommodation buildings through both direct work and the supervision of the labour and resources available whilst ensuring effective cost controls at all times.
Flexibility is required in this role due to the workload of projects and rectifications which are based on and off site.
Your working pattern will be 39 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 07:45 to 16:30 and finishing early on Friday at 15:30 (inclusive of lunch breaks).
- Hourly Rate: £16.16 p/h / £32,772.48
- Opportunity to earn additional hourly rate between £0.27 p/h to £4.46 p/h, £547.56 - £9.044.88, based on skill set and behaviours.
- Role based: Glasgow, G72 7UB
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 24 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
* Ensure the use of second-hand materials where appropriate, considering all implications to minimise fitting out and refurbishment costs.
* Responsibility for ensuring workmanship quality adheres to technical specifications in place and divisional standards.
* Ensure compliance with all legislation, codes of practice, industry guidelines and/or Company Procedures/Policies relating to Health and Safety, inclusive of COSHH.
* Carry out toolbox talks where appropriate, with a particular reference to achieving a safe working environment.
* Assist where required in the general fitting out and refurbishment of Portakabin buildings both on and off site.
* Ensure all employees responsible for (including sub-contractors) complete the appropriate timesheets for submission to Depot Manager.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Contributory Pension including Life Assurance Scheme
* Included in a merit rate scheme that increases base pay
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Employee Benefits Program (Discounts at 100s of shops, gyms, restaurants and even holidays!) There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin!
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* Strong operational experience related to a trade/role
* Good level of literacy and numeracy
* Planning and organising
* Problem solving
* Strong customer focus
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
We are conducting interviews during, or before, the week commencing Monday 02 October 2023.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.