Portakabin exists to bring the wonder of modular building to the world.
Creating precision-engineered buildings, we believe that our people are the key to exploring greater possibilities across our industry, thinking beyond products, to solutions and beyond customers, to the people and societies they serve.
With more than 60 years of expertise, decades of growth and a business that has more than doubled since 2012, Portakabin profitability is strong in both the UK and Europe and our future ambition is to continue this compelling track record of growth.
We put our people at the heart of everything we do, and you will experience job security and development opportunities that are rare in the current climate, so why not join us, and be a part of our continuing growth and success?
With exciting future ambitions - we couldn’t think of a better time for you to join us!
About the opportunity
Due to our ambitious growth plans we have a fantastic opportunity to join the team at our international head office in York in a new Cloud Infrastructure Analyst role. Previous experience in a similar role, interpreting business requirements and turning them into technology solutions, utilising cloud technologies would be advantageous, but we can offer full training and development to someone with the right attitude and determination.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work and dedication through a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. We have a brilliant and inclusive work environment which offers a flexible approach to hybrid working aligned to the challenges of modern life.
With the support of the Lead Architect, the Cloud Infrastructure Analyst will work with the Solution Architects, Developers and Partners to implement technology solutions that assist the business in delivering its strategic objectives.
* Work with stakeholders and other team members to translate business and non-functional requirements into technology solutions.
* Work with internal development teams and external parties to implement secure, highly available technical solutions across our on-premise and multi-cloud environments.
* Contribute to architecture documentation including roadmaps and current / future state representations.
* Take part in defining the technology and cloud strategy of the organisation.
* Take part in evaluating new technologies to determine how they could benefit our products and technical platforms.
* Take part in analysing, critiquing and reworking existing technology solutions following best practice.
* Manage and resolve service requests and system incidents so that the business can continue to conduct its system processes effectively.
* Assist Incident and problem Management teams in root cause determination of issues and provide input on creating preventative processes.
* Work as part of a project team as SME and report progress to project managers and key stakeholders in the business.
Salary: £36,000 - £50,000 per annum depending on experience
Role based: York, YO32 hybrid working
Contract type: Permanent
Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
Benefits & Opportunities
Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
Working flexibly principles which offers a fantastic work/life balance
A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
Employee Assistance Program
A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
We offer Company Sponsored Development relevant to role
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* A relevant IT qualification (or equivalent experience)
* The ability to understand application architectures
* The ability to review and interpret business requirements
* Knowledge of IT technologies
* Good analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
* Adaptability, creativity and resilience with a positive attitude
* Experience designing and implementing technical solutions
* Experience working in multi-workstream projects
Even if you do not match all our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.