About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team at our Lingfield Hire and Service Centre as a Commercial Apprentice. You will become a key part of the team from day one, working within the commercial team, winning orders and maintaining effective customer relationships.
As an apprentice you will develop the skills needed to support all aspects of business to business sales from direct sales to territory management. You will be given additional responsibilities as your apprenticeship progresses; allowing you to take ownership of your workload and build your customer relationships. You will of course be supported all the way through your apprenticeship to ensure you are ready to take on these additional responsibilities.
Your two year apprenticeship will be delivered through a blended learning approach supported by our learning provider, Mercuri International.. You will be expected to complete coursework and assignments to achieve a Level 4 Sales apprenticeship.
- Salary: £18,700
- Role based: Lingfield, RH7 6HN
- Contract type: Apprentice
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
- To develop competence in the Commercial role through in-house and external education and training. Attending college and complete course work on time and to a high standard.
- Develop a sound understanding of the commercial procedures and processes within Portakabin Hire Division.
- Gain thorough product knowledge of the full range of Portakabin products and services through in- house training.
- Support the development and maintenance of effective relationships with customers to assist Hire Division in achieving competitive sales targets.
- Effectively communicate and interpret customer information exchanged through written, verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Develop a customer engagement style that effectively opens sales conversations, builds rapport, enhances customer relationships’ and adapts to different customer’s social preferences.
- Develop commercial proposals and deliver them in a presentation format in a style and technique that suits the customer.
- Keep customer records up to date using CRM (Customer Relationship Management System).
- Carry out effective business development research and campaigns.
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Working flexibly principles
- Contributory pension
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
5 GCSE’s or equivalent, Grades 9 - 4 (A*- C), including Maths and English
2 A-Levels or equivalent, Grades 9 - 4 (A*- C)
Holds a full UK drivers licence
We have lots of fantastic success stories from previous apprentices who have gone on to achieve industry recognised qualifications through their apprenticeships and many of our past apprentices are still working within the business today or have gone onto have successful careers elsewhere. Our workplace culture will allow you to pick up not only the knowledge and skills to be used in your future career but also experience working in a professional but relaxed environment that will give you the confidence to excel in your role and develop as a professional.
We truly believe that we put our people at the heart of everything we do, and you will have the job security and development opportunities that are rare in the current climate, so why not join us, and be a part of our continuing growth and success? With exciting future ambitions, we couldn’t think of a better time for you to join us!
If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply by no later than Friday, 14 April 2023. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend interviews in April and May 2023.