About the opportunity
Join the Portakabin culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer to join our Design and Engineering team to be the point of contact for clients regarding all technical aspects of the job within our Sales department based at our Head Office in York.
Reporting to the Senior Project Engineer, you will work closely with multi-disciplined teams and to provide and lead all project engineering designs and technical advice for new and existing modular building projects.
- Provide a technical design and specification service, being the key interface between the design and project delivery teams, collaborating with all relevant parties to ensure that designs are coordinated are completed in order to meet programme.
- Liaise with other professionals about the feasibility of potential projects and designs with respect to technical requirements and non-standard modular detailing.
- Provide design briefs, specifications and scopes of work in written and drawn formats to enable the procurement of design and build sub-contract packages.
- Review contract documents and prepare specialist Scopes of Work documents including design principles, making sub-contract appointment recommendations and reviewing and coordination of sub-contract designs throughout the construction process.
- Ensure customer requirements/specifications are correctly interpreted and processed within allowed costs, agreed timescales and in compliance with all relevant statutory legislation and codes of practice.
- Adapt designs according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during design, development and construction.
- Inspect and review built engineering solutions for compliance with design intent and robust installation throughout off-site manufacture and on-site construction including surveys of foundations.
- Attend construction site meetings to provide project engineering support.
- Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
- Company Car
- Role based: York
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Working flexibly principles
- Contributory pension
- Annual performance-related bonus (non-contractual)
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
- Fully funded professional qualifications and membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Our Ideal Candidate
- Building Design related qualification
- Experience working in the design and detailing of buildings
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of UK Building Regulations i.e. Approved Documents
- Establishes good relationships with colleagues
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience working in volumetric modular building
- CSCS Card to appropriate skill level
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role as soon as possible. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply without delay as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.
View the role profile here.