Are you confident, self-motivated and a great communicator? Do you have a good working knowledge of Revit software and previous customer service experience?
Did you answer ‘Yes’ to the above questions? Great – we have brilliant news for you! An opportunity has arisen for you to join us at Portakabin.
We are looking for a Designer and Estimator to join our team based in York, to develop and promote the companies Hire Business by order winning, creating building designs and producing quotations for the England and Wales Hire Business.
You will produce designs on Revit and additional drawings on AutoCad, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations. You will produce quotations and/or budget figures for each project following discussions with the wider team.
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
- Role based: York, YO32 9PT
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Produce accurate, estimated quotations to often tight deadlines to meet customers' requirements involving discussions with clients, Building Services and Hire Centre staff as necessary. Budget prices or offline quotations to be produced along with a full pricing schedule via SAP.
- Ensure designs are produced in accordance with Building Regulations, relevant HTM’s/HBN’s and Building Bulletins. Make sure that the company’s position is always protected, particularly with the review of complex specification requirements and the provision of advice on compliance matters.
- Ensure latest software design packages are fully utilised including the use of Revit, CAD, and additional programmes where applicable.
- Direct influence on projected margin of opportunities, providing comprehensive advice to Hire Centres over costing implications and be involved with pricing decisions on quotations to maximise profit.
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days annual leave
- Working flexibly principles
- Annual bonus
- A range of dedicated health & wellbeing services including Mental Health First Aiders, free health helpline to support services and discounted gym memberships
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
- Cycle to Work Scheme
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience gained in a design/technical role and established Auto CAD and Revit experience
- Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback
- Takes initiative, acts with confidence, and works under own direction
- Produces a range of solutions to problems
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Building Regulations
- Demonstrates a rapid understanding of newly presented information
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.