Portakabin is currently recruiting for an Electrician to join the team at our Portaloo Smethwick Hire and Service Centre
As an Electrician you will work effectively as part of a team to refurbish and fit out the complete range of Portaloo buildings to the highest possible standards specialising in electrical work.
Flexibility is required in this role due to the workload of projects and rectifications which are based on and off site.
Your working pattern will be 39 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 07:45 to 16:30 and finishing early on Friday at 15:30 (with 45 minutes of lunch each day unpaid).
- Starting salary: £30,602.52 per annum / £15.09 p/h
- Opportunity to earn additional hourly rate between £0.27-£4.46 (£547 - £9,044.88 per annum) based on skill set and behaviours
- Role based: Foundry Lane, Smethwick B66 2LQ
- Contract type: Permanent
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Design and install electrical systems incorporating all types of electrical materials, ensuring that all installations meet current regulations.
- Ensure that all buildings are tested to the required standards, including the completion of appropriate documentation/certification where applicable.
- Conduct fault finding and undertake rectifications of existing systems both on and off site.
- Understand and apply the electrical principles and works associated with the design, building, installation and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems.
- Apply lean principles and techniques to help and contribute to your team delivering and exceeding our KPI targets.
- Assist where required in the general fitting out and refurbishment of Portakabin buildings both on and off site.
- Ensure reconditioned fittings and materials are utilised as a priority without compromising quality.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Contributory Pension including Life Assurance Scheme
* Included in a merit rate scheme that increases base pay
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
* Employee Assistance Program
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Cycle to Work Scheme
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
Recognised Electrical Apprenticeship Scheme / Indentures (or AM2) & City & Guilds 2360 or* NVQ Level 3 electrical installation
* GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4 or above (or equivalent grade)
* Full driving license
* Good organisation & planning skills
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made