We are currently recruiting for Finance Assistant to join our growing team based in York. In this role you will provide support to the Production UK Finance team in the timely preparation of financial information for the three areas within Production UK (New Build, Alta and Refurbished). This involves analysing and interpreting information to ensure that controls and procedures are being adhered to. In particular the analysis of all costs, recoveries and variances to explain variations to budget and forecast.
You will be responsible to attend meetings with non-finance staff within Production UK to gather information and run through their accounting reports with them to help them interpret the information and identify potential areas of improvement.
- Salary: £19,000pa - £23,000pa depends on experience
- Role based: New Lane, Huntington, York, YO32 9PT
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
* Assisting with physical stock count and reconciliation exercise.
* Preparation of the monthly accounting information to strict deadlines, helping to ensure all Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled each month, taking corrective action to guarantee timeliness and accuracy of information.
* Cost and variance analysis to identify issues or master data errors in the system. Following up queries with the relevant department.
* Preparation of detailed labour cost and premium time working analysis and reporting.
* Support cost saving initiatives by providing detailed spend analysis by department and reporting on consumables, plant & equipment and property costs.
* Preparation of monthly finance pack including commentary and any other ad hoc analysis and reporting when required.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Working flexibly principles
* Contributory pension
* Annual bonus - 2.5%-5% OTE
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
* Employee Assistance Program
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Refer a Friend
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships at different levels within the organisation
* Analyses numerical data, verbal data and all other sources of information.
* Gathers comprehensive information to support decision making
* Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction
* Solid understanding of various software packages including MS Excel and PowerPoint
* GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4 or above
* Minimum A Level or equivalent education
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.