We are currently seeking a Fleet Manager to join our team in York. As Fleet manager you will improve and manage fleet policies and processes to ensure effective fleet operations including benefit cars, commercial and grey fleet within the UK.
- Salary: £50,000 - £56,000
- Role based: York, YO32 9PT
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
* Manage the relationships with all relevant external stakeholders ensuring they deliver to their service agreements
* Proactively manage all relevant key data to both manage and reduce all associated costs – telematics, accident, fuel consumption, fines etc
* Negotiate terms with all third-party providers through appropriate governance processes
* Source and manage the commercial fleet ensuring all vehicles are fit for purpose and allocated efficiently
* Manage the fit out and de-commissioning of the commercial fleet to deliver value for money
* Establish the appropriate safety requirements for the fleet and ensure compliance with these standards
* Manage the use of and allocation of fuel cards
* Review all current approaches and recommend improvements for the future
* Look for opportunities to Automate the replacement/ ordering process
* Identify Fleet optimisation opportunities (High/ Low mileage swaps)
* Continue rolling out electric cars as part of our sustainability strategy
* Develop reporting tools and establish KPI’s
* Roll out the Masternaught tracking programme across commercial fleet
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Working flexibly principles
* Contributory pension
* Annual bonus
* Company Car
* Single Private Medical Insurance
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Fully funded professional qualifications and membership
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Employee Benefits Program (Discounts at 100s of shops, gyms, restaurants and even holidays!)
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* Previous experience managing commercial and car fleet
* Strong negotiation and organisational skills
* Experience managing stakeholders
* Ability to establish good relationships with both customers and colleagues
* A proven track record in cost reduction
* Experience negotiating contract terms
Even if you do not match all our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.