Portakabin is currently recruiting for a Furniture Fitter/Driver to join our progressive Interiors team in the Hire Division based in St Albans.
In this role you will be responsible for travelling to various sites across the U.K where you will fit and assemble the full range of interiors products to include office desks, chairs and filing cabinets, tables, lockers and workbenches. This is a manual role which requires manual handling including the loading and unloading of vehicles.
Flexibility is required in this role due to the workload of projects and rectifications which are based on and off site.
Your working pattern will be 39 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 07:45 to 16:30 and finishing early on Friday at 15:30 (inclusive of lunch breaks).
- Starting salary: £31,555.68 p.a / £14.18 per hour plus £1.38 per hour London Weighting
- Opportunity to earn additional hourly rate between £0.24-£4.19 (£466 - £7,523.88 p.a) based on skill set and behaviours.
- Overtime is regularly available which is paid time at a premium rate of £22.08 per hour. On average you can earn an additional minimum of £3,000 per year in overtime
- Role based: St Albans, AL2 2DQ
- Contract type: Permanent
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
Ensure compliance with relevant Health and Safety practices and all applicable legislation to encourage and maintain a zero harm environment and culture.
- Prepare products to be installed or dismantled for safe transport
- Undertake the installation or dismantle of Building Services products to agreed standards in the most efficient manner.
- Carry out after hire inspections and report findings once the products are returned to the depot in order to prepare invoice for damages.
- Liaise with stores to ensure correct materials are present for task in hand.
- Ensure all product materials are stored in a safe & tidy manner.
- Ensure company vehicles , tools and equipment are maintained to the highest possible standards to maximise their use and prolong life.
- Undertake the preparation of Building Services
- Loading and unloading of vehicles’
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Contributory Pension including Life Assurance Scheme
- Included in a merit rate scheme that increases base pay
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Benefits Program (Discounts at 100s of shops, gyms, restaurants and even holidays!)
- Employee Assistance Program
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for someone who has basic abilities to install and dismantle furniture as well as experience working in a warehouse environment.
The ideal candidate will also have a full U.K Driving licence.
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.