We have a fantastic opportunity for a General Operative to join our team in Donabate to assist in the day-to-day duties of the Operations Department to ensure hire fleet and sales units are maintained, repaired and cleaned. You will also undertake operations in the yard and on customer sites including loading and off loading cabins.
* Salary: €37,000
* Role based: Donabate
* Contract type: Permanent
* Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
* Loading and off-loading, moving cabins.
* Painting and decorating hire fleet.
* Maintain, repair and clean hire fleet.
* Maintain cleanliness of the yard
* Maintaining high health and safety standards, cleaning standards and quality standards.
- Ensure compliance with all legislation, codes of practice, industry guidelines and/or Company Procedures/Policies relating to Health and Safety, inclusive of COSHH
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Sick Pay Scheme
* Employee Assistance Program
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Cycle to Work Scheme
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* Health and Safety experience in a construction environment
* Practical operational experience ideally including repairing, painting and decorating
* Slinger/signaller trained
* Education to Junior Cert standard or equivalent
* Full Irish driving licence
* A good level of numeracy/literacy
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction. Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries. As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.