Who are Portakabin?
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from Manufacturing, Education and Health to Transport, Utilities and Construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,850 people across ten European countries.
About the role!
Are you passionate about people, and empowering them to be their very best? If you are, then you in in good company, here a Portakabin our people are the heartbeat of our business.
We are looking for a people focussed HR Business Partner to join the Portakabin team based at our Hamilton site, located just outside of Glasgow. You will be solely responsible for 4 sites across Scotland; Hamilton, Uphall, Aberdeen & Inverness, with occasional travel to these sites required.
As an integral member of the People Services team, you will partner with the Divisional MD and Senior Management Team within your region on all people & culture-related activities to support the achievement of the business strategy.
You will collaborate with the wider HR team to champion and accelerate a culture of excellence in which people feel engaged and inspired to deliver top business results.
To succeed in this role, you will have the ability to drive the Business Partner approach, developing effective relationships with people managers and business leaders throughout the business, with regular reviews focused on the people & culture strategy.
What can we offer you in return?
- Contract type: Permanent
- Hamilton based
- Annual leave: 25 days + bank holidays
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Basic Salary £45,000 - £50,000 - plus annual bonus
Accountable for all people and culture matters within Scotland:
* Organisation Development & Stakeholder Management
* Talent Management and Acquisition
* Employee Relations
* Learning & Development
* Responsible Business & Health & Wellbeing
Benefits & Opportunities
- Ability to buy up to 5 days more annual leave through the salary sacrifice scheme
- Working flexibly principles
- Company Car, Laptop and Mobile Phone
- Bonus scheme
- Contributory pension and Life Assurance Scheme
- Reward packages including commission scheme and length of service awards
- Health & wellbeing services including Mental Health First Aiders, free health helpline to support services and discounted gym memberships
- Personal development opportunities such as commercial excellence training
- There are great opportunities for career progression within Portakabin
Are you our ideal candidate?
Essential qualifications and experience:
- CIPD qualified
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Proven experience as an HR Business Partner, HR Manager or Senior HR Advisor
- Experience in leading as the HR expert on complex and large-scale projects (e.g., restructure, TUPE, redundancy consultation)
- Extensive knowledge of employment law with the ability to implement that knowledge to resolve workplace issues
- Demonstratable knowledge and ability to provide strategic advice, develop options, analyse risks, make good judgements and solve problems
- Experience coaching senior management
- Full U.K driving licence
Desirable qualifications and experience:
* Chartered MCIPD
* Experience from a Manufacturing or Construction organisation
* Occupational testing (SHL ideally) Level A and B
If you’d like a confidential conversation to understand more about the role, and what Portakabin can offer you - please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Talent Acquisition Manager:
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.