We are excited to present a great new opportunity for an Install Operative to join our team in Donabate! In this role you will assist in the day-to-day duties of the Operations Department regarding the refurbishment, fitting out and installation of hire units and small projects, maintaining high quality standards, in accordance with the Company’s Quality Assurance Procedures.
- Salary: €40,000 - €42,000
- Role based: Donabate
- Contract type: Permanent, Full-Time
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
- Operate offsite, working independently or as part of a team, in the maintenance, modification (fit out, carpentry and plumbing), installation and removal of units throughout Ireland.
- Undertake operations, as instructed, in yard, store and on site in accordance with Health and Safety standards.
- Provide assistance to the Head of Projects/Site Operations Controller in identifying the materials and timescales involved in completing individual contracts.
- In the absence of the Head of Projects / Site Operations Controller ensure that the customer is fully informed on the status of their contract.
- Maintain a safe and tidy working environment in yard, regional depots and on site.
- Maintain all tools, equipment and company vehicles in good and clean working condition.
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Company Van
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- A full Irish driving licence
- Educated to Leaving Cert standard or equivalent
- Practical operational experience ideally within a multi-trade construction environment
- Health and Safety experience in a construction environment
- A recognised Trade qualification is highly desirable
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Experience in the use of RAMS and completing SPA’s
- Experience of Slinging / ‘Banking’ and working around cranes is highly desirable
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin employs more than 2000 people across ten European countries.