For 60 years, Portakabin has been a market leader in the design, manufacture and installation of modular buildings, and a pioneer of environmentally sustainable off-site construction.
Due to our ambitious growth plans we have a fantastic opportunity to join the team as a business relationship manager in a new role with excellent development opportunities.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work and dedication through a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. We have a brilliant and inclusive work environment which offers a flexible approach to hybrid working aligned to the challenges of modern life.
Salary: £35,000 - 45,000 per annum plus 5% -10% bonus OTE
Role based: choice of sites across southern England, hybrid working
Contract type: Permanent
Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Working flexibly principles which offers a fantastic work/life balance
- Contributory pension
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
- We offer Company Sponsored Development relevant to role
The IT Business Partner will develop and maintain internal stakeholder relationships across the business to better understand systems and process needs and build relationships between BIS and its customers. The role will:
- be the primary point of contact for the business for process and systems improvements;
- collaborate with the business to identify and develop effective proposals for improvements to systems and processes;
- use knowledge of the business and systems to assess the benefit, cost and strategic alignment of business requirements and prioritise those requirements;
- oversee the delivery of small projects in line with agreed deliverables and timescales;
- represent the business requirements in larger projects to ensure quality is maintained in alignment with business needs;
- foster effective working relationships with relevant 3rd party providers and provide detailed work instructions and guidance where necessary.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- experience in information gathering with strong negotiation skills to hold conversations with both the business and technical teams;
- an adaptable, creative and resilient approach with a positive attitude;
- working experience of business process modelling;
- excellent oral and written communication skills;
- proven experience in supporting enterprise systems;
- experience in system fault-finding and resolution;
- some project management experience using a best practice discipline;
- a valid passport for European travel.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.
View the Role profile here: IT Business Partner