Portakabin exists to bring the wonder of modular building to the world.
Creating precision-engineered buildings, we believe that our people are the key to exploring greater possibilities across our industry, thinking beyond products, to solutions and beyond customers, to the people and societies they serve.
With more than 60 years of expertise, decades of growth and a business that has more than doubled since 2012, Portakabin profitability is strong in both the UK and Europe and our future ambition is to continue this compelling track record of growth.
We put our people at the heart of everything we do, and you will experience job security and development opportunities that are rare in the current climate, so why not join us, and be a part of our continuing growth and success?
With exciting future ambitions – we can’t think of a better time for you to join us!
About the opportunity
The Project Manager will be responsible for delivering IT and business change across diverse technical disciplines. You will have an opportunity to work on multi-workstream projects across business application and infrastructure that will have high visibility and impact across the whole business, making this a pivotal role which will make a real difference to the future of our growing business.
Projects will often involve working with 3rd party service providers, usually one or more strategic partners. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the project relationship, ensuring accurate specifications are agreed and delivery to agreed criteria is upheld. Equally, other projects will be delivered entirely using internal resource, offering the chance to work with technical specialists across multiple teams.
The Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating teams comprising people from within the IT function and across the business, and will need to demonstrate strong influencing skills to secure commitment. You will work with stakeholders and other team members to translate business and non-functional requirements into technology solutions, then oversee the delivery of those solutions and ensure that identified benefits are realised.
- Responsible for delivery of complex IT projects
- Provide regular reporting to PMO, project Steering Groups and also to the IT Business Relationship Manager to support key strategic decisions regarding portfolio delivery.
- Working within a formal governance framework, the role is required to challenge the business to deliver change, often against their preference for the status quo.
- Manage senior stakeholder expectations, resolve conflicts and influence key business decisions.
- Oversee delivery of project activity by strategic partners, ensuring delivery to agreed objectives, challenging under-performance while fostering effective working relationships.
- Matrix-manage internal IT team resources and build strong partnerships with team managers.
- Be an advocate for project management and support technical teams undertaking aspects of project management activity.
- Build strong business partnerships across the business.
- Perform tasks with a high degree of independence and autonomy.
- Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum depending on experience
- Non-contractual annual bonus 10% OTE – 20% Max
- Role based: York, YO32 hybrid working
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Working flexibly principles which offers a fantastic work/life balance
- Contributory pension
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
- We offer Company Sponsored Development relevant to role
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- Project Management experience within an enterprise IT environment
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously whilst delivering enterprise level business change working with business leaders and technical teams
- Experience of stakeholder management and business reporting
- A Prince2 or equivalent project management qualification
- Knowledge of outsourcing methodologies and operating models
- Familiarity with scope definition, planning, formal project governance and budget management
- The ability to build relationships and partnerships both with business stakeholders and 3rd party vendors
- Strong communication and influencing skills
Even if you do not match all our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.