Portakabin is currently recruiting for a Joiner to join our progressive Hire Division in Purfleet. You will refurbish and fit out the complete range of Portakabin buildings to the highest possible standards, specialising in the area of joinery.
As a Joiner you will work effectively as part of a team to ensure timescales for completing work are achieved and quality standards reached. You will also be responsible in developing customer relationships in order to provide excellent levels of customer service.
You will interpret designs and carry out joinery tasks ensuring all buildings are fitted out correctly as per the drawings/specifications. You will conduct fault finding and rectifications of existing joinery installations and buildings, internally and externally, both on and off site.
Flexibility is required in this role due to the workload of projects and rectifications which are based on and off site (company vans are provided). Your working pattern will be 39 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 07:45 to 16:30 and finishing early on Friday at 15:30 (inclusive of lunch breaks).
- Starting salary: £31,900.44 p.a / £15.73 per hour (inclusive of London weighting)
- Opportunity to earn additional hourly rate between £0.25-£4.21 (£507 - £8,537.88 p.a) based on skill set and behaviours.
- Overtime is regularly available which is paid time at a premium rate of £22.85 per hour. On average you can earn an additional basic minimum of £5,941 per year in overtime
- Role based: Purfleet, RM19 1RR
- Contract type: Permanent
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Be thorough in the separation and segregation of waste to meet environmental requirements.
- Maintain tools and equipment in order to maximise their use and prolonged life.
- Assist in the movement of vehicles and buildings in and out of the yard and report any damages to buildings.
- Assist where required in the general fitting out and refurbishment of Portakabin buildings both on and off site.
- Undertake the installation/dismantling of all buildings as part of a site team.
Benefits & Opportunities
- Ability to buy up to 5 days more annual leave
- Annual Christmas closure of the business
- Reward packages including merit rating scheme and length of service awards
- Contributory pension and Life Assurance scheme
- Health & wellbeing services including free health helpline to support services and discounted gym memberships
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for someone with recognised Joinery Apprenticeship Scheme / Indentures & City & Guilds Craft or Advanced Craft in Carpentry & Joinery or NVQ Level 3 in Carpentry and Joinery.
The ideal candidate will also have strong operational experience related to Joinery.
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible.