We are currently recruiting for a Joinery Planner to support the Joinery department based in York. This role requires the right candidate to translate architectural / technical information into working drawings covering all aspects of joinery work. Good organisational skills are required along with a positive attitude and a willingness to work on more than one project at a time.
It’s an opportunity to become part of a network of highly skilled workforce of professionals and suppliers. You will be rewarded for your hard work and dedication through a competitive salary and a flexible benefit package.
- Salary: £33,000pa to £37,000pa depends on experience
- Role based: New Lane, Huntington, York, YO32 9PT
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
* Individuals will be expected to contribute towards reaching departmental KPI’s & OLE targets
* Working across a multi-functional Joinery Planning team helping to deliver the manufacturing strategy. Delivering a comprehensive and technically compliant joinery planning service for Portakabin Sales, Hire and Refurbished.
* Produce planning packages that meet the customers specifications within the agreed timescales adopting lean principles whilst still adhering to Portakabin specifications and building regulations.
* Attend Contract reviews to confirm Joinery specification and programme requirements.
* Use ERP system to accurately prepare bill of materials and routings and produce production orders through ERP.
* Visit Site as required to liaise with clients and take dimensions.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Working flexibly principles
* Contributory pension
* Annual bonus 5% to 10% OTE
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
* Employee Assistance Program
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Fully funded professional qualifications and membership
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Refer a Friend Scheme
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* Ability to applying expertise and knowledge
* Writing and reporting skills
* Learning and researching skills
* Strong experience in following instructions and procedures
* Good level of numeracy and literacy
* Strong PC Literate
* Autodesk Autocad
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.