We currently have an opportunity for a Master Data SME to join our business at our Head Office in York. In this role you will support the Portakabin range of products and accessories for effective use in manufacturing and assembly facilities including our Hire and Sales organisations with accurate, effective, and timely operational SAP Master Data. Achieving this by delivering Master Data through standard SAP created and maintained data.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
- Create and maintain SAP Master Data to support New and Existing Product Development and Hire and Sales Divisions within the Portakabin group.
- To work collaboratively with key stakeholders ensuring operations are completed within the current company’s technical change process.
- Control and manage the SAP change control process ensuring data is accurately and timely amended to minimise production disruption, reducing cost implications whilst ensuring compliance to standards
- Provide the business with a functional, responsive, proactive and one point of contact team of expertise to allow the smooth running of their activities and services, by providing or facilitating the responses to questions raised. Including problem solving and data quality checking.
- Support a more integrated approach to Master Data by providing centralized expertise to manage SAP Data bases throughout the Portakabin Businesses.
- Support the Data Manager to ensure procedures and processes are the subject of continuous improvement with long-term lasting benefits and driving out waste.
- Salary: £26,000 - £32,000
- Role based: York
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Working flexibly principles
- Contributory pension
- Annual bonus
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience in design & engineering products, capable to read drawings
- A solid understanding of Excel
- Knowledge in permanent and modular building design, selection, application and refurbishment
- Knowledge and experience of SAP ERP system process and applications desirable
- A solid understanding of Excel
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.
Read the full Role Profile here: Master Data SME - Role Profile