Portakabin are currently seeking a Materials Scheduler with experience in vendor managed inventory (VMI) on a permanent basis to expand the level of resource in our Supply Chain team in York.
The role holder will manage raw material groups from external supply routes and demonstrate excellent attention to detail to ensure these materials are delivered on a JIT system with minimal held inventory.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
- Ensure 100% material availability of materials to the production assembly lines and feeder areas at all times, using strong relationships with suppliers to proactively resolve known risks
- Manage the raw material groups proactively by actioning exceptions to match our demand profile and customer expectations
- Take responsibility for the introduction of new and superseded materials to avoid materials shortages and reduce slow movers and obsolete.
- Identify slow moving, obsolete and surplus materials and recommend appropriate action to reduce inventory waste through stock turnover focus.
- Participate in lean initiatives to reduce sub-assembly and end product lead times and scrap.
- Salary: £28,000 - £34,000
- Role based: York (YO32 9PT)
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Working flexibly principles
- Contributory pension
- Annual bonus
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Benefits Platform
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- Been educated to A-Level or equivalent in a numerical related discipline
- Experience in a similar Supply Chain role is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working with an ERP system such as SAP would be a plus
- A track record of collaborating with stakeholders and delight customers to fulfil their needs.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills to manage customer and supplier expectations
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.
Read the full role profile here: