We have a new opportunity for you to join our team of operatives based at our Sittingbourne site as a Multi Skilled Operative. In this role you will be responsible for refurbishing and fitting out the complete range of our buildings to the highest possible standards.
We are looking for an individual who has competent DIY skills, we will not require you to have a skilled background in any particular trade.
- Hourly Rate: £13.18 per hour
- Overtime available when required – this is paid at time and a half/double pay when workloads require
- Role based: Sittingbourne
- Contract type: Permanent, Full-Time, 39 Hours
- Annual leave: 24 days plus bank holidays
- Undertake the advance preparation/decoration of all product surfaces, both internal and external.
- Carry out basic joinery tasks inclusive of partition walls, doors, windows etc.
- Carry out basic plumbing tasks inclusive of sink and toilet assembly, waste and drainage, copper and push fit fittings etc.
- Undertake basic electrics inclusive of sockets, heaters, lighting etc, once completing training.
- Assist where required in the general fitting out and refurbishment of buildings.
- Take responsibility for individual and others health and safety, ensuring health and safety policies are adhered and near miss and hazards are reported when witnessed.
- Assist and support team in providing a customer focused and efficient service.
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Contributory Pension including Life Assurance Scheme
- Included in a merit rate scheme that increases base pay. This can be up to £17.08 per hour over a period of time.
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
- Cycle to Work Scheme
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- A good level of numeracy/literacy
- Some operational experience related to trade/role
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.