We have an opportunity for a driven and motivated individual to join our team in West Bromwich as a Multi Skilled Operative. In this role you will refurbish and fit out the complete range of our buildings to the highest possible standards, carrying out rectifications as well as supporting the install and dismantle of our buildings alongside our hauliers.
- Hourly Rate: £13.97 p/h / £28,331.16
- Opportunity to earn additional hourly rate between £0.24 p/h to £4.13 p/h, £486.72 - £8375.64, based on skill set and behaviours.
- Role based: West Bromwich
- Contract type: Permanent, 39 hours per week
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
- Undertake the advance preparation/decoration of all product surfaces, both internal and external.
- Carry out basic joinery tasks inclusive of partition walls, doors, windows etc.
- Carry out basic plumbing tasks inclusive of sink and toilet assembly, waste and drainage, copper and push fit fittings etc.
- Undertake basic electrics inclusive of sockets, heaters, lighting etc, supporting in the preparation and first fix, on site.
- Assist where required in the general fitting out and refurbishment of buildings both on and off site.
- Erect access platform and/or operate mechanical plant to undertake work above ground level.
- Take responsibility for individual and others health and safety, ensuring health and safety policies are adhered and near miss and hazards are reported when witnessed.
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Contributory Pension including Life Assurance Scheme
- Included in a merit rate scheme that increases base pay
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Benefits Program (Discounts at 100s of shops, gyms, restaurants and even holidays!)
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- Good level of numeracy/literacy
- Full UK driving licence
- Strong operational experience related to trade/role
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,800 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.