Are you looking to start a new career with a great company? We are looking for an Offsite Multi Skilled Operative to join our highly skilled team of Operatives in our Site Accommodation team in Witham.
In this role you will be carrying out rectifications off site as well as refurbishment and fitting out of our buildings at our depot. In this role you will spend your time split between being based at our site in Witham and on job at our customers sites.
- Hourly Rate: £13.18 with potential to rise to £17.08 under our merit rate scheme
- Role based: Witham
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 24 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Undertake the advance preparation/decoration of all product surfaces, both internal and external
- Carry out basic joinery tasks inclusive of partition walls, doors, windows etc
- Carry out basic plumbing tasks inclusive of sink and toilet assembly, waste and drainage, copper and push fit fittings etc
- Undertake basic electrics inclusive of sockets, heaters, lighting etc, supporting in the preparation and first fix, under the supervision of an electrician
- Assist where required in the general fitting out and refurbishment of buildings both on and off site
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Contributory Pension including Life Assurance Scheme
- Included in a merit rate scheme that increases base pay
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- Strong operational experience related to the trade/role
- A full UK drivers licence
- A good level of numeracy and literacy
- A strong customer focus
- Problem solving skills
- Experience within construction or a related industry would also be desirable
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,800 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.