Are you looking to start a new career with a great company? Portakabin are looking for a Multi Skilled Operative to join our progressive Hire Division in Peterborough, PE4 5ET. You will use your basic DIY skills such as carpentry, plumbing, painting and electrics to refurbish and fit out a range of Portakabin buildings to the highest possible standards.
As a Multi Skilled Operative you will work effectively as part of a team to ensure timescales for completing work are achieved and quality standards reached. You will also be responsible in developing customer relationships in order to provide excellent levels of customer service.
You will assemble and install manufactured components to agreed design specification and tolerance. This includes the safe handling, moving, installing and finishing to specification and within deadlines under the guidance of a line manager.
Flexibility is required in this role due to the workload of projects and rectifications which are based on and off site.
Your working pattern will be 39 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 07:45 to 16:30 and finishing early on Friday at 15:30 (inclusive of lunch breaks).
- Starting Salary: £28,331.16/ £13.97 p/h
- Opportunity to earn additional hourly rate between £486.72 - £8,375.64 / £0.24 p/h to £4.13 p/h, based on skill set and behaviours.
- Role based: Peterborough, PE4 5ET
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 24 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
* Work effectively as part of a team to ensure timescales for completing work are achieved.
* Plan and undertake the preparation/decoration of all external product surfaces
* Apply internal finishing such as internal partitions, trims, configure interior layout, painting.
* Carry out basic joinery tasks inclusive of partition walls, doors, windows etc.
* Carry out basic plumbing tasks inclusive of sink and toilet assembly, waste and drainage, copper and push fit fittings etc confirming drawing details.
* Undertake basic electrics inclusive of installing trunking and cable runs, sockets, heaters, lighting etc, supporting in the preparation and first fix, under the supervision of an electrician.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Contributory Pension including Life Assurance Scheme
* Included in a merit rate scheme that increases base pay
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Cycle to Work Scheme
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for someone with a B2 forklift licence, basic joinery skills gained in construction and a basic understanding of industry trades such as plumbing, painting and electrical work.
The ideal candidate will also be a problem solver and used to planning and organising their work.
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.