Are you looking to start a new career with a great company? We are looking for a Multiskilled Operative to join our highly skilled team of Operatives in our Site Accommodation team in Glasgow. As a Multi-Skilled Operative you will refurbish and fit out the complete range of our buildings to the highest possible standards.
Starting salary: £28,757.04 per annum*/ £14.18 per hour
Opportunity to earn additional hourly rate between £0.24-£4.19 (£486.72 - £8,497.32 per annum*) based on skill set and behaviours.
* This is a permanent role, working 39 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 07:45 to 16:30 and finishing early on Friday at 15:30 (including lunch breaks).
* Role based: Glasgow, G72 7UB
* Contract type: Permanent
* 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
* Undertake the advance preparation/decoration of all product surfaces, both internal and external.
* Carry out basic joinery tasks inclusive of partition walls, doors, windows etc.
* Carry out basic plumbing tasks inclusive of sink and toilet assembly, waste and drainage, copper and push fit fittings etc.
* Undertake basic electrics inclusive of sockets, heaters, lighting etc, supporting in the preparation and first fix, on site.
* Assist where required in the general fitting out and refurbishment of buildings both on and off site.
* Erect access platform and/or operate mechanical plant to undertake work above ground level.
* Take responsibility for individual and others health and safety, ensuring health and safety policies are adhered and near miss and hazards are reported when witnessed.
* Assist and support team in providing a customer focused and efficient service.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Contributory Pension including Life Assurance Scheme
* Included in a merit rate scheme that increases base pay
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Employee Benefits Program (Discounts at 100s of shops, gyms, restaurants and even holidays!)
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Refer a Friend Scheme
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* A basic NVQ relevant to role
* Strong operational experience related to trade/role
* Full UK driving licence and Forklift truck licence
* Good level of numeracy/literacy
* Problem solving skills
* Experience within construction or a related industry would also be desirable
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
We are conducting interviews ASAP during, or before, 20th and 23rd February 2024.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.