We have a fantastic opportunity for a Multi-Skilled Operative to join our team in Manchester!
You will refurbish and fit out the complete range of Portakabin buildings to the highest possible standards. Our ideal candidate will have a strong background in painting.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will assemble and install manufactured components to agreed design specification and tolerance. This includes the safe handling, moving, installing, and finishing to specification and within deadlines.
Flexibility is required in this role due to the workload of projects and rectifications which are based on and off site.
Your working pattern will be 39 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 07:45 to 16:30 and finishing early on Friday at 15:30 (inclusive of lunch breaks).
- Starting Salary: £28,757.04 / £14.18 p/h
- Opportunity to earn additional hourly rate between £486.72 - £8,497.32 / £0.24 p/h to £4.19 p/h, based on skill set and behaviours.
- Role based: Manchester, OL2 6DX
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 24 annual leave plus bank holidays
* Plan and undertake the preparation/decoration of all external product surfaces
* Apply internal finishing such as internal partitions, trims, configure interior layout, painting.
* Carry out basic joinery tasks inclusive of partition walls, doors, windows etc
* Carry out basic plumbing tasks inclusive of sink and toilet assembly, waste and drainage, copper and push fit fittings etc confirming drawing details.
* Undertake basic electrics inclusive of installing trunking and cable runs ,sockets, heaters, lighting etc, supporting in the preparation and first fix, under the supervision of an electrician
* Prepare units for safe transport
* Install / Dismantle buildings e.g. connections to utilities, staircases, linkways following the supplied lift plan to move the building onto or off transport.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave.
* Annual Christmas closure of the business
* Contributory Pension including Life Assurance Scheme.
* Included in Merit Rate Scheme which increased basic pay.
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off.
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Employee Benefits Program (Discounts at 100s of shops, gyms, restaurants and even holidays!)
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
We are looking for someone who has:
* Experience gained within construction/related industry
* Basic DYI skills
* Full UK Driving License
* Good level of numeracy/literacy
* Follows procedures and policies
* Good organisation & planning skills
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.