Portaloo is currently recruiting for a Multi Skilled Operative - Cleaner to join our North Hire & Service Centre in Castleford. You will assist with refurbishment of the complete range of Portakabin Portaloo fleet buildings to the highest possible standards.
As a Multi Skilled Operative - Cleaner you will work effectively as part of a team to ensure timescales for completing work are achieved and quality standards reached. You will also be responsible in developing customer relationships in order to provide excellent levels of customer service.
Your working pattern will be 39 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 07:45 to 16:30 and finishing early on Friday at 15:30 (inclusive of lunch breaks).
Starting salary: £26,729.04pa* / £13.18 per hour
Opportunity to earn additional hourly rate between £0.22-£3.71 (£446 - £7,523.88 p.a*) based on skill set and behaviours.
* Role based: Castleford, WF10 4PT
* Contract type: Fixed term Contract – 9 months
* 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
* Carry out the cleaning of fleet buildings including, but not limited to, cleaning of all sanitary ware, internal surfaces and floors.
* Assist with final fitting and filling of dispensers
* Assist in the movement of buildings in and out of the yard and report any damages to buildings
* Work effectively as part of a team with all internal customers to ensure timescales for completing work are achieved and quality standards reached
* Clean office and yard facilities in consultation with Service Manager
Benefits & Opportunities
* Ability to buy up to 5 days more annual leave
* Annual Christmas closure of the business
* Reward packages including merit rating scheme and length of service awards
* Contributory pension and Life Assurance scheme
* Health & wellbeing services including free health helpline to support services and discounted gym memberships
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will also be a problem solver and used to planning and organising their work.
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.