We are recruiting for a Multiskilled Operative to join our London North Hire & Service Centre in St. Albans Herts. In this role you will refurbish and fit out the complete range of Portakabin buildings to the highest possible standards.
Your responsibilities will be to assemble and install manufactured components to agreed design specification and tolerance. This includes the safe handling, moving, installing and finishing to specification and within deadlines under the guidance of a line manager.
- Hourly Rate: £14.18ph + London Weighting £0.75ph + additional hourly rate between £0.24 p/h to £4.19 p/h based on skill set and behaviours,
- Role based: Portakabin Limited, Old Parkbury Lane Colney Street, St.Albans Herts, AL2 2DZ,
- Contract type: Permanent,
- Annual leave: 24 days of annual leave plus bank holidays.
* Ensure compliance relevant Health and Safety practices and all applicable legislation to encourage and maintain zero harm environment and culture,
* Plan and undertake the preparation/decoration of all external product surface,
* Apply internal finishing such as internal partitions, trims, configure interior layout, painting.
* Carry out basic joinery tasks inclusive of partition walls, doors, windows etc,
* Carry out basic plumbing tasks inclusive of sink and toilet assembly, waste and drainage, copper and push fit fittings etc confirming drawing details,
* Undertake basic electrics inclusive of installing trunking and cable runs, sockets, heaters, lighting etc, supporting in the preparation and first fix, under the supervision of an electrician,
* Install / Dismantle buildings e.g. connections to utilities, staircases, linkways following the supplied lift plan to move the building onto or off transport,
* Support craning in/out of buildings.
* Be thorough in the separation and segregation of waste to meet environmental requirements,
* Attend rectifications at client sites, interacting with our customers in a professional manner.
* Apply lean principles and techniques to help and contribute to your team delivering and exceeding our targets.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave,
* Contributory Pension including Life Assurance Scheme,
* Included in a merit rate scheme that increases base pay,
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services,
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off,
* Cycle to Work Scheme,
* Refer a Friend Scheme,
* Employee Benefits Program (Discounts at 100s of shops, gyms, restaurants and even holidays!)
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* Experience gained within construction/related industry,
* GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4 or above (or equivalent grade),
* Ability to establish good relationships with customers and staff, building effective networks,
* Skills to accept and tackle demanding goals with enthusiasm,
* Ability to follow procedures and policies,
* Good organisation & planning skills
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
We are conducting interviews during, or before, the week commencing Monday 19th February 2024.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.