We have a fantastic opportunity for a Multi-Skilled Operative to join our Site Accommodation team in Glasgow!
As a Multi-Skilled Operative you will be carrying out all tasks necessary to refurbish and fit out the complete range of our buildings to the highest possible standards.
Flexibility is required in this role due to the workload of projects and rectifications which are based on and off site.
Your working pattern will be 39 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 07:45 to 16:30 and finishing early on Friday at 15:30 (inclusive of lunch breaks).
- Hourly Rate: £13.97 p/h / £28,331.16
- Opportunity to earn additional hourly rate between £0.24 p/h to £4.13 p/h, £486.72 - £8375.64, based on skill set and behaviours.
- Role based: Glasgow, G72 7UB
* Contract type: Permanent
* Annual leave: 24 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Undertake the advance preparation/decoration of all product surfaces, including cleaning and painting both internal and external
- Carry out basic joinery tasks inclusive of partition walls, doors, windows etc
- Carry out basic plumbing tasks inclusive of sink and toilet assembly, waste and drainage, copper and push fit fittings etc
- Undertake basic electrics inclusive of sockets, heaters, lighting etc, supporting in the preparation and first fix, under the supervision of an electrician
- Assist where required in the general fitting out and refurbishment of buildings both on and off site
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Contributory Pension including Life Assurance Scheme
* Included in a merit rate scheme that increases base pay
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Employee Benefits Program (Discounts at 100s of shops, gyms, restaurants and even holidays!) There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- Strong operational experience in the relevant trades
- Experience gained within construction/related industry
- Good level of numeracy/literacy
- Full UK Driving Licence
- It would also be desirable to have a CPCS Slinger Signaller Card and/or a CSCS card but these are not essential
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
We are conducting interviews during, or before, the week commencing Monday 02 October 2023.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.