Portakabin is currently recruiting for an Offsite Chargehand to join our Merseyside Hire & Service Centre in Prescot. You will co-ordinate and supervise a team of operatives directly responsible for the refurbishment and fit out of Hire Fleet buildings.
As an Offsite Chargehand you will support the management of the fitting out /refurbishment of Hire Fleet buildings as well as ongoing maintenance/ suitability of facilities at the Hire and Service centre.
You will ensure all works are undertaken in a structured manner whilst maintaining effective cost control, meeting /improving upon planned costs, working within agreed timescales, adherence to safe working practices at all times and maintaining quality standards.
As an Offsite Chargehand you will be responsible of delegation and assisting the site teams when required. Flexibility is required in this role due to the workload of projects and rectifications which are based on and off site.
Your working pattern will be 39 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 07:45 to 16:30 and finishing early on Friday at 15:30 (inclusive of lunch breaks).
Starting salary: £31,048.68 p.a* / £15.31 per hour
Opportunity to earn additional hourly rate between £0.23-£4.01 (£466 - £8,132 p.a*) based on skill set and behaviours.
* Role based: Prescot, L34 9JG
* Contract type: Permanent
* 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
* Supervise and organise all labour resources, on and off site with an overall responsibility for yard security.
* Carry out toolbox talks where appropriate, with a particular reference to achieving a safe working environment.
* Maintain an accurate method of tracking the work program and complete accurate paperwork for all buildings.
* Ensure that all rectification and after sales paperwork is fully completed and returned promptly to the Service Manager/Supervisor.
Our Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for someone with previous supervisory experience as well as experience managing health and safety within a construction led environment. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate ability to work independently and drive new initiatives.
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.