We have a fantastic opportunity for a Plumber to join our team in Newcastle!
Reporting to the Service Manager, your role will require you work effectively as part of a team, refurbishing and fitting out the complete range of Portakabin buildings to the highest possible standards, specialising in the area of plumbing.
Flexibility is required in this role due to the workload of projects and rectifications which are based on and off site.
Your working pattern will be 39 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 07:45 to 16:30 and finishing early on Friday at 15:30 (with 45 minutes of lunch each day unpaid).
Hourly Rate: £14.24 p/h
Opportunity to earn additional hourly rate between £0.25 p/h to £4.21 p/h, based on skill set and behaviours
Role based: Newcastle, NE11 0LA
Contract type: Permanent
Annual leave: 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Design and install cold water supplies, drainage and sanitation, hot water and heating systems incorporating all types of plumbing materials.
* Conduct work activities on unvented water heating systems.
* Carry out all aspects of testing and inspection of plumbing installations, including the completion of appropriate documentation/certification.
* Conduct fault finding and rectification of existing systems both on and off site.
* Install / Dismantle buildings e.g. connections to utilities, staircases, linkways following the supplied lift plan to move the building onto or off transport.
* Attend rectifications at client sites, interacting with our customers in a professional manner.
* Assist where required in the general fitting out and refurbishment of buildings both on and off site.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave.
* Annual Christmas closure of the business,
* Contributory Pension including Life Assurance Scheme.
* Included in Merit Rate Scheme which increases basic pay.
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services, including Mental Health First Aiders and discounted gym memberships.
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off.
* Cycle to Work Scheme.
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
Recognised Plumbing Apprenticeship Scheme / Indentures and City & Guilds Craft in Plumbing or* Advanced Craft in Plumbing
* GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4 or above (or equivalent grade)
* Full UK Driving License
* Proven operational experience related to plumbing trade
* Experience gained within construction/related industry
* Establishes good relationships with customers and staff, building effective networks
* Follows procedures and policies
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.