Portaloo is currently recruiting for a Plumber to join our North Hire & Service Centre in Castleford. As a Plumber you will refurbish and fit out the complete range of Portaloo buildings which include our range of modular toilet, shower and changing room buildings to the highest possible standards, specialising in the area of plumbing.
Starting salary: £28,878.72p.a* / £14.24 per hour
Opportunity to earn additional hourly rate between £0.24-£4.01 (£466 - £8,132 p.a*) based on skill set and behaviours.
Overtime is regularly available which is paid time at a premium rate of £21.36* per hour.
* Role based: Castleford, WF10 4PT
* Contract type: Permanent
* 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
* Installation of cold water supplies, drainage and sanitation, hot water and heating systems incorporating all types of plumbing materials
* Assist in the general fitting out and refurbishment of Portaloo fleet buildings both on and off site.
* Carry out all aspects of testing and inspection of plumbing installations, including the completion of appropriate documentation/certification.
* Conduct fault finding and rectification of existing systems both on and off site.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Ability to buy up to 5 days more annual leave
* Annual Christmas closure of the business
* Reward packages including merit rating scheme and length of service awards
* Contributory pension and Life Assurance scheme
* Health & wellbeing services including free health helpline to support services and discounted gym memberships
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for someone with recognised Plumbing Apprenticeship Scheme / Indentures and City & Guilds Craft in Plumbing or Advanced Craft in Plumbing and experience working within the construction industry. The ideal candidate will also have an understanding of the relevant health and safety practices and applicable legislation.
You should have strong communication skills able to build strong relationships with colleagues and customers in order to deliver a high level of customer service.
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.