Portakabin Ltd. is currently recruiting for a Plumber to join our London North Hire & Service Centre in St. Albans Herts. In this role you will refurbish and fit out the complete range of Portakabin buildings to the highest possible standards, specialising in the area of plumbing.
- Hourly Rate: £15.32ph + London Weighting £1.25ph + additional hourly rate between £0.27ph to £4.53ph based on skill set and behaviours,
- Role based: Portakabin Limited, Old Parkbury Lane Colney Street, St.Albans Herts, AL2 2DZ
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 24 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
* Ensure compliance relevant Health and Safety practices and all applicable legislation to encourage and maintain zero harm environment and culture.
* Design and install cold water supplies, drainage and sanitation, hot water and heating systems incorporating all types of plumbing materials.
* Conduct work activities on unvented water heating systems.
* Carry out all aspects of testing and inspection of plumbing installations, including the completion of appropriate documentation/certification.
* Conduct fault finding and rectification of existing systems both on and off site.
* On occasion supervise the work of sub contract labour assessing the suitability of their work.
* Install / Dismantle buildings e.g. connections to utilities, staircases, linkways following the supplied lift plan to move the building onto or off transport.
* Support craning in/out of buildings.
* Attend rectifications at client sites, interacting with our customers in a professional manner.
* Apply lean principles and techniques to help and contribute to your team delivering and exceeding our targets.
* Accurate recording of work activities to ensure correct allocation of costs to projects.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Contributory Pension including Life Assurance Scheme
* Included in a merit rate scheme that increases base pay
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Employee Benefits Program (Discounts at 100s of shops, gyms, restaurants and even holidays!)
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
Recognised Plumbing Apprenticeship Scheme / Indentures and City & Guilds Craft in Plumbing or* Advanced Craft in Plumbing,
* GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4 or above (or equivalent grade),
* Full UK Driving License,
* Proven operational experience related to plumbing trade,
* Experience gained within construction/related industry,
* Ability to Establish good relationships with customers and staff, building effective networks,
* Skills to produce workable solutions to a range of problems,
* Ability to apply specialist and detailed technical knowledge.
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
We are conducting interviews during, or before, the week commencing Monday 19th February 2024.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.