About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Process Improvement team in York. As a Process Improvement apprentice you will work alongside the team to develop, coordinate, and successfully deliver projects. As part of this team, the you will support and engage with Portakabin Management and work across the organisational hierarchy. The role will support colleagues to co-ordinate several projects simultaneously, including planning, managing budgets, risk & issue management and monitoring adherence to milestones.
Your 18 month apprenticeship will be delivered through a blended learning approach supported by our learning provider, Qualitrain. You will be expected to complete coursework and assignments to achieve a Level 3 Improvement Technician apprenticeship, including Six Sigma certification.
- Salary: £16,000
- Role based: York, YO32 9PT
- Contract type: Apprentice
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
- Establish and maintain appropriate governance for delivery of Projects, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align to Portakabin
- Capture the ‘Voice of the Customer’ to ensure any potential business process changes are aligned to customer requirements
- Engage internal and external stakeholders such as users or suppliers to fully benefit from the delivered products, services and changes
- Select appropriate methodologies across the Project or projects to maximise delivery effectiveness of each
- Utilise best practice tools and techniques to create and deliver relevant and impactful communications for diverse audiences.
- Move from a ‘Functional’ to a ‘Value Stream’ view of the organisation where stakeholders work together collectively to remove waste from the ‘Value Stream’
- Understand ‘Process Behaviour’ through effective measurement and data analysis
- Ensure process improvements are sustained through the use of a ‘Control Plan’
- Support the development of a ‘Continuous Improvement Culture’
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Working flexibly principles
- Contributory pension
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
4 GCSE’s or equivalent, Grades 9 - 4 (A*- C), including Maths and English
We have lots of fantastic success stories from previous apprentices who have gone on to achieve industry recognised qualifications through their apprenticeships and many of our past apprentices are still working within the business today or have gone onto have successful careers elsewhere. Our workplace culture will allow you to pick up not only the knowledge and skills to be used in your future career but also experience working in a professional but relaxed environment that will give you the confidence to excel in your role and develop as a professional.
We truly believe that we put our people at the heart of everything we do, and you will have the job security and development opportunities that are rare in the current climate, so why not join us, and be a part of our continuing growth and success? With exciting future ambitions, we couldn’t think of a better time for you to join us!
If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply by no later than Friday, 14 April 2023. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend interviews in April and May 2023.