We are currently looking for a Procurement Category Manager to join our Procurement team in York to be responsible for leading on all aspects of sourcing, procurement and contract management for all Pan-European business units across the nominated category.
In this role you will create a robust, sustainable and cost-effective supply base for the nominated category through sourcing, selection and appointment on new suppliers to complement existing supply partners.
Salary: £43,000 - £48,000 per annum
Role based: York, YO32
Contract type: Permanent
Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
- Engage with the team to implement and evolve a 3 year Category Plan aligned with Supply Chain Transformation program in order to support and deliver to the strategic business plans and aspirations.
- Create a robust, sustainable and cost-effective supply base for the nominate category through sourcing, selection and appointment on new suppliers to complement existing supply partners.
- Apply appropriate best-in-class techniques to consolidate and leverage the Total Group-wide spend to delivery maximum value whilst incorporating relevant tail-spend management approaches.
- Negotiation and Contract Management of major spend areas on a Pan-European, National and Regional basis to improve compliance to central policy, increase controlled spend whilst still providing agility through local execution.
- Supplier Management through regular engagement and collaboration, forging excellent professional relationships and utilisation of defined KPI’s and roll-out of Service Level Agreements.
- Apply appropriate risk management methodologies to provide a rigorous framework to protect the business from potential supply disruption or damage to brand reputation.
Benefits & Opportunities
- Working flexibly principles
- Contributory pension
- Annual bonus
- Single Private Medical Insurance
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- MCIPS qualification or equivalent
- Full UK driving license
- Previous experience in Senior Procurement role(s)
- Manufacturing Procurement knowledge
- Experience in cost reduction & savings realisation
- A good level of IT skills (desirably experience in SAP/ERP systems)
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.
View the role profile here: Procurement Category Manager