We are looking for a Procurement Category Manager to join our Procurement team in York. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading on all aspects of the Sub-contractor and Indirect Procurement Strategy for all Pan-European business units across their nominated categories.
In this role you will collaborate with key Stakeholders to identify areas of opportunity and create robust, sustainable and resilient category strategies that support cost and process efficiency, as well as mitigate potential risks.
- Salary: £43,000 - £48,000 per annum
- Role based: York, YO32
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
You will be responsible for leading on all aspects of the Sub-contractor and Building Services procurement strategy across all Pan -European Business units, supporting them to deliver the company objectives using Procurement best practise.
You will gather procurement requirements from the Business units to identify areas of opportunity and create robust, sustainable and resilient category strategies that support cost and process efficiency, as well as mitigate potential risks.
This is a brand-new role based within the Central Procurement team focussing on the procurement of Sub-contractors and Building Services at Portakabin.
Benefits & Opportunities
- Working flexibly principles
- Option to buy 5 additional annual leave days
- Contributory pension
- Annual bonus
- Employee Benefits Portal
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- MCIPS qualification or equivalent
- Full UK driving license
- Previous experience in Senior Procurement role(s)
- Subcontract & Indirect Procurement Knowledge
- Strong Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Experience in cost reduction & savings realisation
- A good level of IT skills (desirably experience in SAP/ERP systems)
- Strong Supplier Relationship Management experience
- Track record of change management implementation across business areas
- The ability to mitigate and manage risk
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2000 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.
View the role profile here.