We are looking for a Procurement Specialist to join our team in York. As a Procurement Specialist you will provide expertise to complex, critical projects. The role will involve cost negotiation, supply chain assessment, and providing procurement guidance to the project team. You will be required to align and integrate projects & resources to deliver against the objective and goals.
* Salary: Circa £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
* Role based: York / Hybrid
* Contract type: 8 months Maternity Cover
* Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
* Manage Procurement activities across all allocated Projects; incorporating Portakabin Project Management Tools and ensuring Supply Chain reporting & Supplier Engagement is in line with Supply Chain policy, process & procedure.
* Identify supply chain risks and remediate.
* Risk management and contingency sourcing to ensure project delivery is on time, to budget.
* Understanding and comprehension of technical aspects of the project to ensure informed decision making.
* Manage the full cost model to project requirements.
* Liaise with other team members who will also work on the project ensuring clear communication and consistency in approach.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Working flexibly principles
* Contributory pension
* Discretionary Annual Bonus
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
* Refer a Friend Scheme
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Employee Benefits Program (Discounts at 100s of shops, gyms, restaurants and even holidays!)
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who:
* Is CIPS educated or working towards
* Holds a full UK driving license
* Has experience in Procurement, ideally within a manufacturing environment
* Experience of working on multiple, simulations, Procurement projects.
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.