Do you enjoy managing processes and people?
We are looking for Production Team Leaders to join out Manufacturing team based in York. In this role you will be responsible for motivating and inspiring the team to deliver the business strategic objectives. You will also lead, develop and engage a multi-skilled team in order to achieve daily operational programs and activities whilst meeting the highest standards of quality, health and safety and continuous improvement.
You will be working closely with internal and external key stakeholders, providing technical support for activities whilst striving for best in class products and business practices to meet customer expectations.
- Salary: from £40,000 to £45,000 per annum
- Role based: York
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Working Hours: Day Shifts – working Monday to Thursday from 7.30am until 4.30pm and Fridays from 7.30am until 12.30pm
* Apply lean principles in keeping the team focused on delivering customer service and value.
* Ensure that communication on all levels is timely, regular, thorough and clear.
* Coach, mentor and develop direct reports to manage and develop a high performing multi-skilled team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions.
* Ensure team effectiveness through conflict resolution, performance and absence management.
* Develop forward manpower and resources plan, and monitor progress, modifying plan as appropriate.
* Monitor efficiency and effectiveness of work operations and contribute to Key Performance Indicator development.
* Ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation and safe working practices.
* Develop sound working relationships with colleagues across the business.
* To maintain stable industrial relations with the Trade Union.
* Report on Production activities on a regular basis to the Production Manager, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant Key Performance Indicators.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Contributory pension
* Annual bonus 5% OTE, 10% max
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
* Employee Assistance Program
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Fully funded professional qualifications and membership
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Refer a Friend Scheme
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* Leading and supervising skills
* Deciding and initiating action skills
* Experience in planning & organising
* Ability to deliver results and work with people
* Experience in management of manufacturing operations
* Engineering production experience
* Quality and people management experience
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.