We’re currently recruiting for a Project Administrator to provide administrative support and assistance with various projects in the London East Region. You will support the team on Major Healthcare and Education developments, which include high-profile and high-value complex projects within Hire Division.
As a Project Administrator, you will support and produce documentation which includes risk registers, risk assessments, method statements and pre-construction programmes.
The Project Administrator will work alongside an experienced project delivery team in and around London East. We will provide you with regular support during one-to-one meetings, team meetings, coaching and development sessions which support all phases of project delivery.
The successful candidate will have a depth of experience in administration and data input, with a keen eye for attention to detail. You will be able to communicate effectively both in writing and in person.
What’s in it for me
- Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 pa. plus bonus
- Role based: Purfleet, RM19 1RR
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days + bank holidays
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Manage all correspondence, documentation and information relating to project delivery in accordance with Portakabin Project Delivery and Document Control standards.
- Assist with the coordination and control of Projects, using MS Project software, within the designated area of operation, working to planned costs and within agreed timescales.
- Provide administrative support as required to ensure compliance with all legislation, codes of practice, industry guidelines and/or Company procedure/Policies relating to Health and Safety.
- Assist with the production of Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Drawings and Delivery Schedules on a project specific basis.
Benefits & Opportunities
- You will be provided with a laptop and mobile phone. We are also happy to talk flexible working
- A generous annual leave entitlement of 25 days plus public bank holidays, and the business is closed annually during the Christmas period. We can also buy up to 5 days more annual leave annually
- Reward packages including annual bonus and length of service awards
- With family friendly policies, access to contributory pension, life assurance scheme and our employee benefits platform with a range of discounts and cashbacks at your favourite retailers, health clubs and gym memberships
- All colleagues have an opportunity to give back to local communities with an annual Volunteering Day off
- A wide range of health & wellbeing services including Mental Health First Aiders to support you to be at your best inside and outside work. There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong administrative experience in a client facing role
- Proven organisation and planning skills
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4 (or equivalent), including good literacy and numeracy skills
- Solid understanding of various IT software packages, including MS Excel and PowerPoint
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.